It was Coleus that started us on our journey to help pet owners identify items that may be dangerous to their pets. Our younger dog Chauncey ingested Coleus (he recovered well) and the rest is history. While coleus plants are nontoxic to humans, the essential oils they contain are toxic to pets. If a dog or cat eats coleus plant parts, it could cause symptoms such as diarrhea, vomiting, depression and loss of appetite. If you suspect your pet has eaten this plant, contact your veterinarian immediately, or call the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at 888-426-4435 ASPCA

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on google
Google+
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pinterest
Pinterest

RELATED POSTS

Splay No More Max

Seniors Should Not Do Splits!

We finally found the right product for our  quite zippy Daphne,  who is our 14 year old Springer Spaniel!  Really the only way you can …

Read More →
chauncey-lace

Beware of Poisonous Imposters

Queen Anne’s Lace is a very common during the summertime in New England.  The fields are full of them where we live.  Pictured above are …

Read More →
benadryl

Benadryl and Dogs

Can Benadryl be a choice in treating your dog when they have an itch? You spend a ton of money at the vet and suddenly …

Read More →

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top