Pet Danger – Sometimes a ball is not a plaything

It can be tempting to give a cat a ball made of items like rubber bands to play with and much of the time I am sure that the cat will play happily and safely with it.

Be aware that if one of these bands becomes loose and the cat manages to swallow it as the consequences can be very serious. The band can get entangled in the cat’s moth, if it manages to get through the mouth there are two other major areas that can cause significant issues; the esophagus (tube leading from the mouth where the food goes down) and then the intestines or gut. In any case if your pet swallows a rubber band a quick visit  to your vet is called for before any serious damage occurs.

 

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on google
Google+
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pinterest
Pinterest

RELATED POSTS

Splay No More Max

Seniors Should Not Do Splits!

We finally found the right product for our  quite zippy Daphne,  who is our 14 year old Springer Spaniel!  Really the only way you can …

Read More →
chauncey-lace

Beware of Poisonous Imposters

Queen Anne’s Lace is a very common during the summertime in New England.  The fields are full of them where we live.  Pictured above are …

Read More →
benadryl

Benadryl and Dogs

Can Benadryl be a choice in treating your dog when they have an itch? You spend a ton of money at the vet and suddenly …

Read More →

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top