Pet Danger – Shiny Objects aren’t just interesting to humans

Small Batteries
Cats are notorious for chasing shiny items that catch their eye, we are now past the stage of tinsel on the Christmas tree but we are most certainly at a time when batteries are often lying around, especially the very small ones. Irrespective of whether they are Lithium or Alkaline they can cause serious damage to a cat when swallowed. If they are punctured the Alkaline batteries contain a corrosive chemical which can cause serious burns. Even if a battery is not punctured it can be lodged in the throat which is a recipe for pain and suffering.
We have been told by our vet that this time of year sees a spike in visits from cat owners who often appear with an unhappy cat, a chewed battery, a chewed up battery powered toy or a combination of the three.
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on google
Google+
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pinterest
Pinterest

RELATED POSTS

Splay No More Max

Seniors Should Not Do Splits!

We finally found the right product for our  quite zippy Daphne,  who is our 14 year old Springer Spaniel!  Really the only way you can …

Read More →
chauncey-lace

Beware of Poisonous Imposters

Queen Anne’s Lace is a very common during the summertime in New England.  The fields are full of them where we live.  Pictured above are …

Read More →
benadryl

Benadryl and Dogs

Can Benadryl be a choice in treating your dog when they have an itch? You spend a ton of money at the vet and suddenly …

Read More →

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top