Contact us and share stories and warnings and dangers that you come across, We and the other readers thank you for your support.

Sign up for our weekly pet danger warnings HERE


GARLIC & ONIONS also include leeks and chives but GARLIC is the most toxic. It often begins with irritation of the mouth and nausea, both of which cause dogs to drool excessively. They can also cause abdominal pain, vomiting, and diarrhea. vca hospitals

DARK CHOCOLATE is the worst. White chocolate presents a limited danger. For many dogs, the most common clinical signs are vomiting and diarrhea, increased thirst, panting or restlessness, excessive urination, and a racing heart rate. In severe cases, muscle tremors, seizures, and heart failure can be seen.
vca hospitals

MACADAMIA NUTS are very toxic for dogs, if your dog eats ONE nut it is recommended to call your vet. The most common sign is weakness, especially in the hind legs. Other symptoms include lethargy, diarrhea, vomiting, tremors and fever. Some cases are mild, showing only a few symptoms, and resolve themselves within a few days. However, there are serious cases involving constant shaking, high fever, and an inability to walk.

XYLITOL is extremely toxic & can be deadly for dogs, according to the FDA. Often found in foods for diabetics, sugar free gum, ‘skinny’ ice cream, breath mints and baked goods. Symptoms of xylitol poisoning in dogs include vomiting, followed by symptoms associated with the sudden lowering of your dog’s blood sugar, such as decreased activity, weakness, staggering, incoordination, collapse and seizures. FDA

GRAPES & RASINS can cause sudden kidney failure. Vomiting is usually seen within 12 hours of ingestion. Other signs that may occur within 24 hours include: Diarrhea, Lethargy, Lack of appetite, Decreased urination, Weakness and Abdominal pain.  banfield

HOLLY is toxic to dogs and surpisingly it is the leaves that are the major problem. Eating the leaves can result in vomiting, diarrhea, and gastrointestinal injury due to the sharp points on the leaves. Symptoms include lip smacking, drooling, and head shaking.

RHODODENDRON and AZELEA are very toxic to dogs. Effects typically occur within a few hours after ingestion, and can include acute digestive upset, excessive drooling, loss of appetite, frequent bowel movements /diarrhea, colic, depression, weakness, loss of coordination, stupor, leg paralysis, weak heart rate and may cause death. 

CHRYSANTHENUM are  common flowers contain lactones and pyrethrin, which cause intestinal irritation. While not lethal, eating any part of the plant can result in vomiting, diarrhea, excessive drooling, skin rashes, and loss of coordination. 

CYCLAMEN are often found at the supermarket alongside the poinsettia and can often be found on the table indoors as a decoration. Cyclamen can cause a wide range of problems for pets, ranging from excessive salivation and digestive upset to seizures and heart rhythm abnormalities. In small ingestions, most pets will suffer only mild digestive upset. However, in cases of large ingestion, this toxicity can prove fatal.

LILY OF THE VALLEY are dangerous for dogs and eating  the leaves, flower or root of this lily, it can lead to vomiting, diarrhea, slowed heart rate, severe heart arrhythmias, seizures and, in severe cases, even death.

The information contained on this website is only for informational purposes and not for rendering medical or veterinary advice. Any information obtained from this site must not be used in the diagnosis of an animal without the express view by a certified veterinarian. assume no liability or responsibility for any injury or illness that may result from the use of information from this site. Use of this website is also subject to all applicable laws without limitation or qualification.

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top