Contact us and share stories, pictures, dangers and products you come across. We and all the other readers and their furry children will thank you for your support.

Sign up for our weekly pet danger warnings HERE


Alcohol can also easily cause severe liver and brain damage. As little as a tablespoon can put an adult cat in a coma; a little more can kill them.  It can can cause vomiting, diarrhea, decreased coordination, central nervous system depression, difficulty breathing, tremors, abnormal blood acidity, coma and even death See also ASPCA and PetMd

Thanks for pic to

GRAPES & RASINS can cause sudden kidney failure. Vomiting is usually seen within 12 hours of ingestion. Other signs that may occur within 24 hours include: Diarrhea, Lethargy, Lack of appetite, Decreased urination, Weakness and Abdominal pain.  banfield

ONIONS, CHIVES, GARLIC & LEEKS often make cats sick. They contain compounds called organosulfoxides. When the animal chews the plant it can cause the animal’s red blood cells to break down. If the cat ingests even just a piece of an onion  it can cause dangerous changes to their blood. livescience

YEAST DOUGH Don’t spoil your cat’s holiday by giving them access to raw yeast bread dough. When a cat ingests raw bread dough, the yeast continues to convert the sugars in the dough to carbon dioxide gas and alcohol. This can result in bloated drunken pets, which could become a life-threatening emergency, requiring hospitalization. ASPCA

MILK & DAIRY PRODUCTS –  Fine as kittens where they can break down lactose but as cats get older, their bodies produce less and less lactase, making it difficult for them to digest any type of milk. Since they are unable to break down the lactose in dairy products, this leaves the lactose sugar in their system for the bacteria in their intestines to ferment which can give our pets intestinal cramps and diarrhea. PetMd

LILIES like Tiger lilies, and the other members of the Lilum genus, the ‘true lilies’ as they are known, are highly toxic to cats. So too are certain types of Day lilies. They are so toxic, that a nibble on one or two petals, a lap of spilled vase water, or the ingestion of a small amount of pollen (such as what happens when a cat grooms itself) can be enough to put a cat into expensive, debilitating, and potentially fatal acute kidney failure.

SAGO PALMS, all parts of the Sago Palm are poisonous, but the seeds (nuts) are the most toxic to pets. Within fifteen minutes of eating any part of a sago palm, a cat may display the following gastrointestinal signs: vomiting, diarrhea, drooling and refusal to eat. Within two to three days of ingestion of even a tiny amount of any part of a sago palm, a cat may be in acute, severe liver failure.

GOLDEN POTHOS also known as Pothos, Devil’s Ivy, Taro Vine, Ivy Arum is toxic for both cats and dogs.
According to the ASPCA poison page it contains insoluble calcium oxalate crystals similar to other plants in the Araceae family.  This can cause Oral irritation, intense burning and irritation of mouth, tongue and lips, excessive drooling, vomiting, difficulty swallowing. ASPCA

AMARYLLIS The beauty of the flowering Amaryllis is matched by its toxicity. The Amaryllis contains Lycorine and other noxious substances, which cause salivation, gastrointestinal abnormalities (vomitingdiarrhea, decreased appetite, and abdominal pain), lethargy, and tremors in cats. The bulb of the plant is reputed to be even more dangerous than the flowers and stalk.

The information contained on this website is only for informational purposes and not for rendering medical or veterinary advice. Any information obtained from this site must not be used in the diagnosis of an animal without the express view by a certified veterinarian. assume no liability or responsibility for any injury or illness that may result from the use of information from this site. Use of this website is also subject to all applicable laws without limitation or qualification.

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top